Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Baja California!







Got to love Baja. It's pretty much like California, just "more lower" and less populated. If you haven't been I hope you get the chance to check it out. The food is fantastic and probably worth more than what you pay for it. I went down with a non profit organization called Kaiizen which focuses on providing service for orphanages in Baja. It was nice to be a helping hand as we worked to build a retaining wall for them. One of the best parts about going to the orphanages is playing with the kids even though one of the two year-olds ripped my glasses off and bent them like a coat hanger into a marshmallow roasting stick. That kid was lucky I don't know much spanish. Ha Ha! Can you see me yelling at a little orphan who is still learning spanish himself. It was worth it anyway and I was able to straighten out my frames. Way fun trip too, I hope to go back soon, maybe I'll see you there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Twig said...

E-money the always willing helping hand! You're the greatest, how do you always seem to find some way to get involved? You're an inspiration.
Gorgeous Sights by the way....hopefully you could see them well enough even with your glasses all bent up! Lol, such a funny story "like a coat hanger into a marshmallow roasting stick" Such a great image! And hey didn't all that "bad" spanish the guys at your work taught you come in handy?
So when do I get to come visit? We gotta hit up all those organic eateries and grocery stores!
P.S. it's really cold here in the Big Rex so send us some California Sun.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home